Monday, October 18, 2010

LFA Q's (The First Two Set's)

Ch 1-3

1. Josie says that her biggest problem is ‘being stuck at a school dominated by rich people’ (p. 6). What does this say about Josie?

2. After arguing with Nonna, ‘I realised that I loved her as much as I disliked her’ (p. 38) Josie realises something about family and relationships. What is it that she now understands?

3. Josie says of her family, culture and identity, ‘I’ll run one day. Run for my life. To be free.’ What does this day about Josie’s mindset at this time?

Ch 4-5

1. Josie states that Jacob was ‘the epitome of individuality’ (p. 55). What does this say about Jacob’s personality?

2. Ivy states that she and John are ‘in the same circle of friends’ (p. 56). Who does this circle exclude? What does this say about those inside the group?

3. Find a quote (p. 63) that shows we as a nation have a long way to go before becoming a ‘family.’ Why is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment